A prestigious international law firm in UK
Client is a full service international law firm with offices across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Asia. We work closed with Shanghai office for legal translation services. Client has in-house translation team, however when they need something urgent, such as overnight delivery, they will outsource the work to us.
The client urgently needed someone to translate a 12-page legal contract from English into Chinese within 1 day. And they need high-quality translation and proofreading service while maintaining the consistency thoroughly and details must be taken care of, because they don’t have enough time for any back and forth.
- Prepare for translation and build glossary
- We imported the contract into CAT tool for analysis and pre-processing.
- We divide the work by half. Then export and send the workable XLIFF files to 2 of our best legal translators who are available to work at the same time.
- During the process, our project manager extracted a glossary for the property nouns and have in-house translator to perform a thorough research for an accurate translation in Chinese.
- Our proofreader is highly proficient in English and good at writing in English accurately and fluently, and they took the credit of leveling up the readability and customer experience.
- After proofreading, our dedicated project manager imported translation back to CAT tool for quality assurance check, against glossary and translation memory.
- When QA check completed, we exported all translations and delivered them to the client in the same folder structure that we have maintained.
- We share the translated glossary with both translators
- Cross-checking Proofreading by 2 translators
- Given the time frame, and the level of familiarity of content, we asked each translator to proofread the work of the other translator for error and inconsistency.
- Proofreading was performed with revision tracks on so that both translators and the project manager are fully aware what has been revised.
- After quick communication, both translators delivered their parts with all revision suggestions implemented.
- Thorough QA checking
- Upon receiving the delivery from translators, our project manager imported their work to CAT tool for QA checking to solve inconsistencies between translation and approved glossary.
- All errors were caught and fixed, before the final export of the contract document.
- Final touches on the layout
- We adjusted the layout of the exported contract translation by comparing the original document side-by-side, to ensure the same look and feel as the English copy.
- We delivered the translation within 12 hours.
- It took 2 legal translators, 1 in-house editor and 1 dedicated PM to complete preparation, translation, proofreading and QA check within the same day.
- The client is extremely satisfied with our work: fast turnaround, high-quality, well-organized and proactive communication. The client is thankful that we do not ask for extra payment for the rush job.