One of the biggest translation agency in UK
Client is one of the biggest translation agency in UK. As China market grows, the demand for Chinese language service has been on constant rise. The client wish to find reliable partners for the growing business.
The client is looking for reliable partners for the growing business in China. Consistently good quality is the main concern for working with another agency. After initial trust was gained, many agencies stealthily change for less qualified but cheaper translators, in order to increase their profits.
- Sending blind CVs
The client is looking for translators who could work in specific fields, most of them are highly technical, including chemical, medical, biology and AI neuroscience. So we gather a list of matching translators, name, work experience, expertise, ratings, together with their blind CVs.
- Offering test translations
After signing an NDA with the client, we offered free test translations for the requested topics. There will be no risk for the client, so that they could form an idea on how well we can do without paying anything upfront. So together with the client, 7 out of 10 copies were accepted.
- Pilot project
Very soon, we received first batch of work, which requires a short turnaround time of 24 hours for around 6,000 words. So we splited the work and sent it to three translators and 1 in-house proofreader. We informed the client that we have split the work between these translators, whose name and their workscopes were also reported. All of the translators returned their parts within 8 hours. In just 4 hours, the proofreader performed a thorough check on the entire translation to keep consistency in the use of terminology. Finally our dedicated project manager run QA check to correct all the errors caught. The client PM was very happy that we return it early, while offering everything she needs: final translation, proofread copy with revision tracks, TMX format translation memory and a QA report. The pilot project is a success.
- More projects
- We always handpicked best available translators, who have a good match for the requested language and expertise. And we kept it 100% transparent with the client on which translators was invited on which job. Because we always mark the translation with the translator’s name.
- The client was happy to see that the quality has been very stable over time, so they sent us more work.
- It takes time to build trust, and it pays off to be honest all the time.
- The client is extremely satisfied with our work: fast turnaround, high-quality, well-organized, proactive communication, frequent status reports, and most importantly we are always available for them.