What’s human typing service? Why do you need it?
Imagine you have a scanned copy that you would like to reuse (revise it or translate it into another language). However, you cannot make edits on it directly, because the texts on the scanned copy are not editable.
- You will need someone to convert it into an editable copy, for example a Word document, so that you can work on it.
- You might consider typing it out, but you simply do not have the time to do it yourself.
- You will also need it if you don’t know how to type those texts, which is in another language that you are not familiar with, for instance: Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
- You will definitely need when it’s in a handwritten manuscript in a language that you don’t understand at all.
Now, you are only a phone call away for the help.
Sit back and relax. Let AZ-Loc team do the heavy work for you. You will get an editable copy in no time. There are two options available:
- Human Typing: done by human, who are experts in typing with high accuracy.
- OCR (optical character recognition): done by machine, which is extremely fast.
Each option comes with pros and cons, take a look at the table below:
|Speed||20 pages / day||500+ pages / day|
|Layout||Similar look||No. Just plain texts|
|Price||$2 ~ $4 / page||$0.01 ~ $0.5 / page|
Note: There are a ton of free and commercial software that can perform OCR. But when it comes to recognizing accuracy, most of the tools (especially free ones) are doing a poor job in recognizing double-byte characters such as Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CCJK) languages, especially when it comes to manuscripts.